The Government of India runs many beneficial schemes from time to time which plays a big role in the public interest. In the form of these schemes, a large section of people are getting a lot of benefit and have also saved tax. One of them is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana and this plan is not heavy on your pocket at all.
Today we are going to tell you about one such scheme run by the Government of India. Hope you will get to know valuable from this post and you will also get the answers of all your views.
The name of this scheme is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. As the name of the scheme is Samriddhi Yojana, this scheme will make your life prosperous but will also secure the future of your daughter. This scheme has been made for the daughter. The purpose of this scheme run by the Prime Minister is to strengthen the daughters economically. This scheme is very beneficial scheme for middle class family. The money of this scheme can be used by the daughter in her studies, marriage etc.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:
The benefit of this scheme will be available only to the daughters below the age of 10 years. An account will be opened by the parent for this scheme. You can open this account in post office and banks. The benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are:
– In this account you can invest minimum Rs 250 and maximum 1.5 lakh per month.
-You can deposit this amount by two mediums cash or cheque.
– If you are not able to deposit the money in any month, then your account becomes default as well as penalty. The government has made some changes in this rule. Read below to know.
– It is mandatory for the parents to run this account for 15 years. The amount has to be deposited for 15 years. You can also take advantage of interest on the money deposited on this scheme.
– In this scheme, the facility of withdrawing money is also given when the daughter turns 18. But only 50% can be withdrawn. You can also take this money once again in part payment. You can return this money only once in a year and again in installments for 5 years.
– In this scheme, you can also take the benefit of exemption according to 80C income tax rule, no tax will be charged up to Rs 1.50 slab.
– Also, no tax will have to be paid even after the maturity of the scheme.
– In this scheme, you have got interest at the rate of 7.6%. This is a modified interest. The interest on the scheme was given by the government at 8.4%
– The maturity of this scheme matures only after the daughter attains the age of 21 years, who then attains the age of 18 years of marriage. This scheme can be run only for 15 years.
– If the daughter dies during the scheme duration, then in that case the parents get the deposited amount along with the interest.
– If there are two daughters in the family then two accounts can be opened. If three daughters are born together, then another condition is imposed in it.
5 Changes Made By the Government in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme Which Is Important For You to Know
1. Income tax exemption: Earlier in this scheme only two daughters were exempted from income tax under 80C. Now the third daughter can also take exemption in income tax.
2. Operating the scheme: The second change made is related to the operation of this scheme. According to the first rule, when the daughter turns 10 years old, the daughter herself was able to access her account. Now this rule has changed. The daughter will be able to access her account only after she turns 18. Till then only the parents of the daughter can access.
3. Account default: If you were not able to deposit money for any reason for any month, then your account would have defaulted. Now this rule has changed. Now your account will be in default state and interest will accrue till the maturity of the scheme.
4. Maturity of the plan: The next change that has been made in the plan is related to the maturity of the plan. The scheme can be discontinued even if the daughter dies for any reason before the age of 18 years or her address is changed. The scheme can be closed even if the death of the parent happens.
5. Change in Interest rate: The interest rate has also been changed in this scheme. Earlier you got interest at the rate of 8.6% which has now been changed to 7.6%.